Are roadblocks stopping you from being successful?
A couple of weeks ago, I sent you an email about the view in the mirror. Is your view in the mirror one of love or judgment? Here’s the post if you missed it. The important takeaway from the post is self-esteem and self-worth don’t flourish with criticism and harsh judgment.
This week, I wanted to follow up with roadblocks that can stand in your way toward living a healthier lifestyle. Changing or eliminating roadblocks can help you better view yourself in and out of the mirror, and being healthy and fit isn’t a fad or a trend. Instead, it’s a lifestyle.
9-Simple-Steps to Eliminating Roadblocks!
Here are a few that sabotage our intentions to live a healthy lifestyle.
I don’t …
- know where to begin
- have the motivation
- have enough time
- have enough money
- get enough sleep
- travel a lot
- I can’t seem to stay away from the junk food around the workplace
- love food
- want to have a social life
- ignore my bodies needs
- make excuses
- am addicted to sugary foods, and beverages
- drink too much alcohol
Here are just 9-simple-steps you can take to eliminate those roadblocks.
- Identify a limiting belief – is there a limiting belief that is holding you back? Take the time to figure out just exactly what it is. You’ll be surprised at what you’ll learn and how you can change the belief.
- Don’t wait for perfection – if you wait for things to be perfect and the conditions to be just right, you’ll keep waiting and won’t accomplish anything.
- Stop procrastinating – often, procrastination is a byproduct of perfectionism.
- Time block – block out time for the action steps you need to take.
- Force yourself to do one thing towards your goal – just one thing, that’s all you’ve got to do. Push yourself to accomplish an action step, and don’t wait for motivation to get you started.
- Have an accountability partner – find a friend or family member you trust and ask them to hold you accountable for what you say you will do.
- Remind yourself of the benefits – not only the benefits of what the goal will get you but the negative of what you’ll get if you don’t do the action steps.
- Set goals and review them daily – read your goals daily. Doing so will get you moving in the right direction.
- Share your goals and action plans – again, find someone you trust to share this information with. Often when we share our dreams, we are motivated not to fail.
Here’s One more …
Follow the Non-Zero Day Principle. I’ll write about that in my next post. If you don’t want to wait to read about it here in my newsletter, you can find many articles on the web about the topic.
In love and health,